On 21 March 1804 there are references in The Times of the sale of Fulham Lodge, a villa which stood in extensive gardens to the south of Fulham Road. Today the school stands in part of those gardens. Fulham Lodge was the home of Miss Eliza Carey, a beautiful actress in her day, and a favourite haunt of Fredrick, Duke of York, son of George III. Fulham Lodge was pulled down in 1847 and various houses built on the land including a new Fulham Lodge which would later be renamed Eridge House. The house was bought by Mr John Glenny, an outfitter with a shop on the Strand, who was the brother of George Glenny who owned the extensive fruit and vegetable nursery in the open fields on the north side of Fulham Road.
The building was then purchased by Mr Fredrick Wright in 1867 and renamed Eridge House. It is not entirely certain why he chose the new name, but the most likely explanation is that the Wrights came from Sussex. There is historical evidence to show they had connections with the High Weald region, where Eridge Rocks is a beautiul area of woodland and sandstone rocks.
Eridge House survived the Blitz in WWII when bombs landed close by along the Fulham Road and around Putney Bridge. Since then it has been both a private residence and, because of its considerable size, an office for a department of Fulham and Hammersmith Council. It was put up for sale in 2001 and purchased by the present owners who converted the building for use as a school.
Eridge House School grew rapidly with extensions to the original building on the north and western facades. New classrooms, a Mac suite and the school hall were added along with new kitchens. The building has considerable outdoor space with mini tennis courts and various playgrounds. It has many old and well-established trees dating back to its garden days. The school changed its name to Parsons Green Prep in 2014, but the name Eridge House can still be seen on the original front gate. Today the school has become one of the leading prep schools in west London.